FAIRISLE CLUB 4 - SOLD OUT
The FAIRISLE CLUB is a fun, limited edition, knitalong improving your fairisle technique, whilst creating a beautiful fairisle project.
FAIRISLE CLUB 4 is a beautiful jacket called MAGNOLIA, which is made using various techniques creating a design which is totally unique. FAIRISLE CLUB 4 is a kit comprising of all the yarn (Rowan Felted Tweed) plus the full printed pattern, the lovely flower metal shawl pin from Textile Garden and an exclusive canvas FAIRISLE CLUB 4 project bag. The club will be supported again by videos showing you the various techniques as Marie knits the garment again. Therefore you will be able to knitalong with Marie or at your own pace referring to the videos when you wish. Only FAIRISLE CLUB 4 members will have access to these videos. Once you are a member of the FAIRISLE CLUB you are able to buy any of the previous projects.
MAGNOLIA is a steeked garment. This year Marie has allowed 9 steek stitches in the design instead of the 5 stitches that were worked in LERWICK, the FAIRISLE CLUB 3 garment. Marie will be showing different methods of working and cutting the steeks so that you can choose the method you will be most comfortable to use.
The design will be available in 3 sizes:
SMALL/MEDIUM (as shown in the photographs)
Chest width - 50cm (19.5in)
Length - 54cm (21.5 in)
Chest width - 62.5cm (24.5 in)
Length - 58cm (23 in)
Chest width - 68.5cm (27 in)
Length - 61cm (24in)
The chest widths stated above are the flat chest measurements i.e. the measurement from just below one armhole to the other. Therefore the chest measurements in the round are as follows:
SMALL/MEDIUM - 100cm (39in)
LARGE/XLARGE - 125cm (49in)
XXLARGE - 137cm (54 in)
The sizes correspond to the following dress sizes:
SMALL/MEDIUM - UK 8 - 12
LARGE/XLARGE - UK 14 - 18
XXLARGE - UK 20 - 24
The garment is designed with a semi loose fit with a conventional back neck shaping. The main feature of the design is the overarm fairisle band that runs from the cuff to the start of the back neck shaping. The jacket can be worn loose or fastened with the lovely metal shawl pin which is included in the kit and is shown in the photographs.
The intervals between each video release will be staggered differently as some sections of the garment take longer to complete than others. Release dates will be published soon.
The videos will cover the following techniques:
1. Welcome to Fairisle Club 4, knitting fairisle in the round, including knitting the steeks and weaving in ends on the body.
2. Introducing the armhole steeks and decreasing at the steek front edge for the front neck shaping.
3. Steeking methods.
4. Cutting the front edge and armhole steeks.
5. Picking up stitches along the side edge of armholes and knitting the sleeves from top down - knitting fairisle flat.
5. Picking up stitches along sleeve centre overarm edge and starting to knit the overarm fairisle panel - knitting fairisle flat.
6. Joining back section of overarm fairisle panel to body.
7. Picking up stitches around front edge for jacket front band.
8. Finishing front band and picking up stitches for cuff welt to knit in the round.
2.75mm and 3.25mm needles - straight and circular needles - various cable lengths will be needed.
Any queries then please send an email.