FAIRISLE CLUB 3 IS NOW CLOSED
The FAIRISLE CLUB is a fun, limited edition, knitalong improving your fairisle technique, whilst creating a beautiful blanket.
FAIRISLE CLUB 3 is different to the previous 2 designs. It's not a blanket and I will not be sending or emailing sections of the designs at monthly intervals! FAIRISLE CLUB 3 is a kit comprising of all the yarn (Spindrift from Jamieson's of Shetland) plus the full printed pattern and a lovely canvas FAIRISLE CLUB 3 project bag. The main difference is that I will be supporting the club by releasing videos showing you the various techniques as I knit the garment again. Therefore you will be able to knitalong with me or at your own pace referring to the videos when you wish. Only FAIRISLE CLUB 3 members will have access to these videos.
The design will be available in 3 sizes:
SMALL/MEDIUM (as shown in the photographs)
Chest width - 60.5cm (24in)
Length - 54cm (21.5 in)
Chest width - 72cm (28.5 in)
Length - 58cm (23 in)
Chest width - 79cm (31 in)
Length - 60cm (23.5 in)
The chest widths stated above are the flat chest measurements i.e. the measurement from just below one armhole to the other. Therefore the chest measurements in the round are as follows:
SMALL/MEDIUM - 121cm (48in)
LARGE/XLARGE - 144cm (57in)
XXLARGE - 158cm (62 in)
The sizes correspond to the following dress sizes:
SMALL/MEDIUM - UK 8 - 12
LARGE/XLARGE - UK 14 - 18
XXLARGE - UK 20 - 24
The garment is designed with a loose fit with no back neck shaping as the fronts meet in the centre. Therefore when worn the fronts 'ride up' causing the back to be lower giving a very flattering shape.
The intervals between each video release will be staggered differently as some sections of the garment take longer to complete than others. Release dates will be published soon.
The videos will cover the following techniques:
1. Welcome to Fairisle Club 3, knitting fairisle in the round and weaving in ends - Section One.
2. Casting off partially, starting Section 2 and continuing knitting fairisle in the round. Introducing the armhole steeks.
3. Steeking Sections 1 and 2 (including armholes).
4. Picking up stitches along the side edge of Section 2 steek and knitting fairisle flat - Section 4.
5. Picking up stitches around armhole steeks and starting to knit the sleeve fairisle in the round from the top down - Section 5.
6. Picking up stitches along the steek edge of Section 1 and held stitches of Section 2 and knitting the stolling fairisle flat - Section 6.
7. Picking up stitches around bottom edge and finishing.
2.75mm and 3.25mm needles - straight and circular needles - various cable lengths will be needed.
Any queries then please send an email.